About the Homeless Leadership Coalition
Central Oregon has long recognized the need for a more coordinated and informed response to homelessness and people living in poverty. Since the late 1990’s, The Central Oregon Homeless Leadership Coalition (HLC) has been tackling this challenging and often dynamic problem.
The HLC consists of more than 40 organizations and individuals from Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson Counties. They include the faith community, shelter providers, public schools, public health, emergency services, veterans outreach, public safety, mental health, housing services, public services private employers and others. They represent a diverse group of interests, unified by a common focus.
Mission: The Homeless Leadership Coalition is a collaboration of community partners in Crook, Jefferson, and Deschutes counties engaging the community through education, advocacy, planning, prioritization and accountability for services to persons experiencing homelessness.
Click here to review the HLC Governance Charter
High Desert Home: Central Oregon Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness An Update to the Central Oregon 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness, 2011
Voting Membership: If you are interested in becoming a voting member please review the Governance Charter and contact Co-Chairs Don Senecal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cody Standiford (email@example.com) for more information.
The Homeless Leadership Coalition/Central Oregon Continuum of Care (CoC OR-503) is responsible for the following projects:
- 2015 Continuum of Care Grant Competition effect: November 16, 2015
- 2015 CoC Consolidated Application
- Point-in-Time Count: The HLC will make efforts through a working group to maintain the Point-in-Time count so long as the count continues to provide resources towards the mission of HLC.
- Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness: The HLC and voting member working groups will work toward pursuing the goals within the Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness, and updating to reflect current best practices.
- Housing Work Group: Completing a housing inventory and gaps analysis for all types of housing in Central Oregon.
- Drop-in Center Work Group: Investigating, advocating and planning for a homeless youth drop-in center in Bend.
- Discharge Planning for Elderly and Disabled Work Group: Developing protections for appropriate discharge of elderly and mentally ill clients from the emergency room.
- HMIS Policies and Procedures
- FY 2016 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition: Funding Availability has been released - click for more information
- FY 2016 HUD Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition
HUD Renewal Project Application Instructional Guide
HUD Renewal Project Application Detailed Guide
HUD New (Bonus) Project Application Instructional Guide
HUD New (Bonus) Project Application Detailed Guide
- CoC Project Application Review and Ranking Procedures 2016
Grant Re-Allocation Process
- Download the Oregon Housing and Community Services Emergency Solutions Grant Operations Manual