Plan to Prevent & End Homelessness
The Central Oregon Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness, High Desert Home, envisions a region where, “No one should experience homelessness – no one should be without a safe, stable place to call home.”
To achieve this, Central Oregon has outlined 6 goals and 27 strategies to create the conditions and supports that prevent homelessness from occurring, and, if someone does become homeless, help them quickly move into safe and stable housing. With these 6 goals, we can achieve the shared federal goals of:
- Ending chronic homelessness;
- Ending homelessness among Veterans;
- Ending homelessness for unaccompanied youth;
- Ending homelessness among families with children;
- Setting a path to ending all types of homelessness.